Getting Through The Red-Tape: Certifications For Creating A Business

The most difficult part about starting your own company or business is the bureaucratic red tape that exists to protect the interests of business owners and the state authorities. In most countries, there are endless procedures to go through, forms to fill out, certifications to get and lines to wait in. In a few countries, business registration takes just one day and a handful of licenses and registrations. No matter which country you are in however, the following licenses (or their equivalents) are usually required before you can open for business:

Registering the Company
You have to register a company or business name and address with the local authorities and obtain a registration license number that will enable you to operate in that country. Some businesses require a professional license as well to show that you are qualified to engage in that particular field, for instance if you want to start a cannery, then you need proper equipment and various health and safety licenses to show that you have taken the necessary precautions. When registering your business name, you will first have to check that it has not been used by any other business entity and if necessary obtain the trademark or copyright for it so that no one else may use it in the future as well.

Business Licenses According to Your Country
Different countries have different requirements regarding this, but if the company involves the sale of products, a general trading license in Dubai is usually required. Countries like the United Arab Emirates is very favourable towards foreign investment, and one of the first licenses that they have to obtain is the general interchange license that will allow the company to engage in local and international trade, various banking facilities in both local and international banks, certain tax exemptions for trading and also optional auditing – in Dubai, it is not mandatory to submit and audit report to state authorities; it is more a professional courtesy.

Utility Registrations and Building Permits
While this is not required to merely start a company (you can register a company using a post office box number), you will usually need a location and an address when you begin to put the company or business together physically. This means registering your building for utilities like water, electricity and/or gas. Rates are different for domestic buildings and business places so make sure to fill out the correct form. If you plan on any making changes to the building or even expanding it in the future you will also need a building permit that will let you do construction in it.